Monday 15 October 2012

The Game!

"Life is a box of chocolates!" as the saying goes. But not all of us like "Turkish Delights". When we've scoffed our favourites first, we are left with no choice but to swallow what we don't like. Being gay, I always start with the nutty covered chocolates first. Then I move onto the mousses. I always leave the gels till last, which leaves me with a horrible aftertaste, especially considering the pure joy I experience in the begining of savouring my favourites. Now my question is this...Who the fuck decides on what goes into that box of chocolates anyway? Why is the box not filled with everything I want?

I'm the worst monoply player you could possibly ever encounter. In South Africa, the winner is generally determined by who buys "Eloff" and "Aliwal" streets first. The hotel(s) built on "Eloff" is always the game breaker and the owner of it generally takes all the spoils. If I don't get the prime properties, its already game over for me. But what if all the properties were of the same value? Why do we have to have losers? Was that God's great plan? I don't think so...

The rules that we are born into are pre-determined by ourselves. Well I have come to realise that I don't like the rules imposed on me for they instill fear in me. Every aspect of my life has been determined by rules created by my fellow man. You have to pay your mortgage, higher purchase agreement, insurance premium, medical aid and this and that by a certain date or else you will be forced to face the consequences. You have to conform to certain "airs and graces" otherwise you are a social liabilty. We use fear as a system of control. We are all assimilated to do the same as everyone else. How fucking boring!

Two years ago I was fortunate enough to take a holiday in Rio de Janeiro. In some aspects I was so looking forward to it, in order to experience something different, to that which I have back home. There is no place like home, but experiencing something different is always food for thought. What struck me is how similar we have all become. From accomodation, to transport, to diet, to schooling, to appearance, to sexual preference, to religion, to entertainment to whatever we are exposed to. We are all more or less living the same existance. I am not a sheep. Why does my individuality have to be clipped? Why do we all have to be the same? Yes, we were created in God's image, but do I have to like and love the same things to? No!

I had a message from someone the other day who could not understand why I have tattoo's. His words to me were "why go and spoil something so perfect with a tattoo?". My response was that is was not for him to understand, but rather to accept my choice and be happy that I was able to do it. Just because it does not fly with you, does NOT neccessarily make it wrong for me. We are the same, but we are different. Why can we not accept this fact.? My being different does not threaten you in any way. If anything, it should embolden you. It should challenge you to reach a higher acceptance of love. Love for yourself and those around you.

Can you imagine a life where we all eat the same, dress the same, think the same? I can't! I won't learn anything about myself, or of others, or of my environment. I will not be inspired to achieve anything but the the status quo. How fucking boring! I may as well lay down and die! We need to  push each other. Challenge each other. For it is the betterment of mankind that we do. God created winners, not losers! We are here for the benefit of each other! Not to make each other suffer.

I'm coming out of my life experiences BLAZING! I have bared all and shown all. Now my middle index finger is in the erect position telling the world "Deal with it!" I've played the game long enough by your rules, now it's MY TURN! I've turned the tables, now let's see how this unfolds. God has filled my box of chocolates with what I want. He has given me the monopoly set where the streets all have the same value! Yes! The dice may fall differently for me, and at least its not the same as you. But in the end we are all win!

1 comment:

  1. There is definitely a power we all have to make it happen. And it really is magic with support from a higher power. Congrats on finding that space and place within your mind and heart. Exciting times ahead for you. Yay!

    ReplyDelete