Friday 5 October 2012

My Miracle

It's been 3 days since my last blog. This week has been a week of receiving for me. Almost 2 weeks to the day that I sustained and injury to my right calve and Achilles Tendon I went to see the doctor fearful and full of anxiety. On Wednesday I had an appointment with my orthopaedic surgeon as I was directed to do so by my physiotherapist. Well to my shock and amazement the surgeon concluded that I did NOT do any damage to my tendon. This I put down to a MIRACLE because I heard the snap, almost similar to a gunshot actually. My physiotherapist also felt an anomaly in my tendon which is why she told me to see the surgeon in the first place. The only injury I did sustain is to my Gastrocnemius. I have a tear and with stretching and rehabilitation over the next 6 weeks I will be 100%!

My achilles has done me the world of good actually, as it has in fact healed my lost relationship with God. I have rediscovered something I had banished from me for years. I am grateful to Him for healing me. What I had thought would be an expensive and arduous road ahead has become something small and manageable. A lot of good has come out of this experience and I am truly grateful for that.

It's been quite the a couple weeks for me. Not only has an important relationship been healed but so have I. We take so much in our lives for granted and seldom, if ever, do we show our gratitude to God or those who love and support us. I've leaned heavily on my friends and clients these last 2 weeks and they have been there every step of the way for me. It's humbled me and made me realise so much of myself and those around me.

I know now that I am being guided to a better path. And I take comfort in that. We should all at some point just take time out to acknowledge and thank those that provide us with the strength and love we have to face the road ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment