Sunday 28 October 2012

My Car Wash

I had another busy weekend. My day started early, as always, on Saturday morning. My first client of the day was at 8am and I was fully booked until 1pm. My first client being Susan(as i will call her). There is a lot going on in Susan's life at the moment. I had not seen her for a while, as certain events had occured which prevented her from training. I emphathised with her, and advised her as best I could though her hour with me. The session ended with her inviting me to her cousin's annual Halloween Party!

My day progressed quite quickly actually. I was finished by 1pm and in getting home had my usual afternoon snooze. I woke up about 2 hours later and began to ready myself for the party. It was a last minute invite, so I did not wear a Halloween costume. Susan's cousin went to great effort for the party, and the house looked amazing with all the macabre decor! The kids looked stunning in their outfits and most of the adults had made the effort to dress up to. The atmosphere was set for a fun evening, and when the shooters began to flow the night certainly heated up. Needless to say this morning I woke up with a heavy head!

The night began though, with the usual introductions and stillness, as people sussed each other out. I have the "Gift of the Gab", so it's easy for for to make conversation and get to know people. A myriad of people were there and it's great to see that South African diversity is starting to take hold and be accepted!. As a common courtesy at a party, there are generally 3 topics of conversation I avoid like the plague. Sex. Politics. Religion. But as we all know, they eventualy do come up. We all steered ourselves away from getting too deep and heated with each other over these.

Always good to get to know someone through asking what work they do. Michael, as I will call him owns a Car Wash. Ignorantly, I had thought that the only stress involved in his business, would be the weather and the usual stresses of operating costs. I could not have been more wrong. It's the cars themselves that people bring in to have cleaned that are cause for alarm. My car is an extension of myself and I always try keep it clean...fixed and running! Apparently not everyone attaches the same appreciation or cleanliness to that which they own. And the shenanigans, that they perpetrate in their vehicles, and expect his staff to clean up shocked me to my core. He also related the story of a friend of his, who is a "handy-man", who owns a mobile cleaning unit for cleaning houses. One day, his handy-man friend, cleaned a house in a very affluent suburb here in Johannesburg. The woman was pleased with the work he carried out. On completing the work and requiring payment for such, the woman informed him she had no money. But, she said, "My 17 year old dughther is naked in her bedroom waitng for you. Why don't you go get paymeny from her in kind and have some fun?!". He left without payment! WHAT THE FUCK??? Who prostitutes out there own child???? This woman has lost the plot!!! To say that this enrages me is an understatement!!!

We are put on this Earth to enjoy ourselves, but not at the expense of others. Treat people the SAME way you would want to be treated, and maybe we would all have more compassion and love for one another.

"I give it Favour, I keep it True...All the Love I have I give to You! I keep it Easy, I keep it Real. All The Love I have is what you Feel! I'll make it Clear and make it See...I hope you Marry close to me! I take it Deeper, I break it Down...Only LOVE can turn your life around! I make it Stronger, I keep it Free! All the dreams I have are what you see...LOVE IS HERE, Just let it BE!" lyrics taken from the podcast by DJ ICE "August Sessions 2011".

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment