Sunday 2 December 2012

Reborn!

"Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God." John 3:3

I have never been the religious type. Definitely not one to Bible Bash. I've only just recently bought a Bible myself again. The last one I owned was almost 30 years ago, and that got "Lost in Translation" somewhere along the path of my life. I have however, always maintained that my relationship with God, was a private matter that concerned no one else. I consider myself more Spiritual than Religious.

I'm salmon and I swim upstream. I'm not one to be told how to have a relationship with God! Organised Religion has perpetuated some of the most heinous and inhumane crimes against Mankind in order to gain Money and Power. That always irked me. I could never understand how The Church preached His Name with one tongue, but perpetuated violence and murder with the other! That's when I decided to take my Faith straight to God Himself and cut out the middleman!

Reflecting on my life I'm embarrassed to admit that I treated Him like a "Fairweather Friend". Only making contact when I needed Him. He has however, ALWAYS been with me! It's the hardest relationship I've had in my life, and now the one that I value above all others. He's been there with me through the good years, when I've shown no appreciation whatsoever, and my trials and tribulations when I've hurled abuse at Him. It's through the troubled years though i have always reverted back to Him, and he has always provided. He has punished me, but he has Always LOVED me! Enough to ensure that I have a roof over my head and food in my stomach. I am truly grateful to Him for this.

Through my Spiritual Awakening and the books I have read of late, I consider myself Reborn. I have re-affirmed my Faith in God, His Son Jesus Christ and His Holy Spirit. I was handed a Gift today from a very dear and close friend, who had been vacationing on an Indian Ocean Island resort.



In handing me this Cross of Christ, God, who is the Source of my Supply, affirmed his Love for me! My Faith and Belief in Him restored, he confirmed my Spiritual Rebirth by the giving of this gift! My path is now being guided by His Light!

"Jesus, I believe you the Son of God and my Saviour. I believe You died on the cross and rose again so that I can have a new life in You. I ask You to wash away my sins through Your cleansing blood and make me clean. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit so that I can now live for You. I commit my life to loving and serving You. Amen." A prayer taken from the book "Divine Revelations of Angels" by Mary K. Baxter.

Sending you His Light and Love!

God Bless you, God be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment